Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Catching up - Whats been going on the last few weeks and Whole Wheat Muffins

Wow... I didn't realize how far behind I was. LOL

Life I guess got some what busy. Not exciting busy just life busy. We had hardwood floors installed which took 5 days instead of 2. Lets just say everyone was at the end of their rope and I am not sure anyone was gonna survive it.  But we did and they look nice I must say.

I was going back and forth on going to New Orleans for Halloween all month. But with the floor thing and the lack of job thing I thought it may cause more stress in the house so obviously that didn't happen. Now I wish I had just because I think the 3 adults in this house need a break from each other.

I have talked to a few people about jobs. Nothing solid yet but I am still in the running for a job with an insurance company here in the Dallas Area and I know I would be great at it. They BEST give it to me!!! :) ::fingers crossed::

So lets see what I have made over the last few weeks.



Creamy Lemon-Vanilla Ricotta Souffle



Ricotta Cheesecake with Lemon Drizzle and Pine Nuts



Mexican Pie (Made with Ground Turkey)




Mexican Pie (Made with Ground Turkey)



Cilantro Lime Shrimp



Chicken Pizza



Roasted Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Fennel




Grilled Portabella Salad with Goat Cheese



The best quick fix item I made were this Wonderful Whole Wheat Muffins. Now on the eating plan we are on we aren't supposed to have a lot of carbs but we can have some and they HAVE to be WHOLE GRAINS.

So heres we go step by step on this one cuz I thought they were really nice and tasty.

This make 12 muffins

You will need:

3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons oats 
1 cup buttermilk 
1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour or whole grain flour 
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
2/3 cup chopped walnuts 
1/3 cup canola oil 
1 egg, beaten 
1/3 cup brown sugar substitute 
1 teaspoon vanilla 

Start by preheating the oven to 425°F. Coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups. 


In a small bowl, combine 3⁄4 cup of the oats and the buttermilk. Let soak for 30 minutes. 




In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and walnuts.




In a large bowl, stir together the oil, egg, brown sugar substitute, and vanilla until well blended. 



Stir in the oat mixture. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Do not overmix. Or your Muffins will be heavy and dense. I suggest folding and do it til just combined count your stokes... approx 10-12 will do it I swear! :)




Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling them about two-thirds full. (You can see here I did not use paper liners since the cups were sprayed with butter flavored non-stick spray (I use Pure by Mazola and LOVE IT) but you can if you want to)




Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons oats over the muffins. Bake for 11 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes. 



Remove to the rack to cool completely. 



SO YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How that sound? Got Questions? Requests?